Saturday, May 18, 2013

Surprise Garden Obelisk + Garden Love

The odd time I share art that is not paintings. Today I wanted to share a gift my family made for me for Mother's Day. I am in LOVE with it : ) It was meant for my clematis to grow over but it will stay a garden sculpture because it would be a crime to cover it up!
My husband and children each designed a side of this obelisk along with their name "signed" on it. It was then cut and welded. What a treasure! Seriously, I almost cried. What a perfect thing for our garden. Thanks again all of you. xoxo
"In my garden there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and the dreams are as beautiful."  
~Abram L. Urban
"It is good to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all its shy presences 
may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended thought." 
~James Douglas, Down Shoe Lane
They made a Green Man sculpture a couple of years ago. I planted a vine that we are trailing through so the idea is that over time it will look like a plant man. 
And this is a flower that my brother-in-law made. Hurray for gardens!






8 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Aw this is a beautiful story. What a sweet family. No wonder they love you. You are wonderful.

XO Barbara

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

NICE POST!

Karin Lynn... said...

Lovely indeed.....I want a butterfly. I have one in the garden already but obviously you know who does this work? I will take a photo of mine and send it to you. Can you pass the design onto the iron smith and get a "quote" for me....I love this type of thing in the garden and when it has rusted I even love it more. Karin Lynn

Patti Vincent said...

Awesome gift! Thank you for sharing.

Sandra Busby said...

What a lovely idea! And such sentiment too... Really LOVE it!

Diane Hoeptner said...

AAaaahhhhh, sweetest gift ever!!!

Page Pearson Railsback said...

WOW..You reap what you sow...Nicest family. Look forward to seeing paintings of what climbs up that gorgeous sculptural beauty

Unknown said...

Oh how wonderful is that garden obelisk...every garden needs something beautiful and handcrafted, and how lovely to receive this as a gift. Your garden looks great.